On behalf of the Board of Trustees I am delighted to introduce you to the work of the Hidden Homeless Ltd.
The Trustees are incredibly proud of the achievements of the charity over its seven-year existence and the real difference we make to the lives of vulnerable people.
We are seeking to appoint a new Trustee to join what is a small, professional, warm and supportive Board. We hope to receive applications from a wide range of talented people irrespective of their religion or belief, gender, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, political belief, relationship status or caring responsibilities. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented on the Board, such as women, disabled people, ethnic minorities and people aged under 40.
The Hidden Homeless Ltd is a Bradford based Charity Registered with the UK Charity Commission Number 1166977. Our Governing document is a ‘Memorandum and Articles of Association’ incorporated 24 Nov 2011 as amended by special resolution registered at Companies House on 27 April 2016.
The Charity exists for the relief of need of people who are homeless, are at risk of becoming homeless, vulnerable or in some way disadvantaged. The Hidden Homeless provide activities and training which is aimed at increasing the capacity, skills, personal confidence and self-esteem of those people in need of our services, in order that they are better able to identify and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society.
All our beneficiaries have experienced disadvantage. This may have occurred in their childhood or teenage years, or as an adult. Our services and activities empower and enable them to make better and positive choices for a more stable and fulfilling life.
The Hidden Homeless has an established reputation and our service outcomes are building a body of evidence to secure appropriate commissions and funding in the future. We work with over 50 partners across Bradford District and have plans to increase our capacity and grow our charity across the region. Our work is currently funded for three years by Reaching Communities, a funding stream of The Big Lottery.
Salary – Unremunerated. Reasonable out of pocket expenses.
Location: Meetings take place at Carlisle Business Centre, Bradford, bi-monthly on a Thursday at 2pm.
Time: 4-6 Management Committee meetings per year (2 hours each)
- Committed to The Hidden Homeless charitable mission.
- Effective, fair and impartial decision making.
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of The Hidden Homeless.
- Experience of working in some capacity with vulnerable people.
- Willingness to contribute the time and effort necessary to the position.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Committed to the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of funding or commissioning.
- Service Development.
Key areas of responsibility
- Ensuring that the charity complies with its governing documents and charitable objectives.
- Ensuring that the charity’s strategy and business plan is fit for purpose to deliver its mission/objectives.
- Assisting with advice on funding and commissioning.
- Ensuring the financial stability of the charity, protecting and managing the charity’s assets.
- Safeguarding the charity’s reputation and values.
- Promoting the charity’s mission, attending and participating fully in Board of Trustee meetings, e.g. by offering strategic direction, reviewing policies and evaluating performance.
- Attending and participating fully in strategy meetings.
- Supporting recruitment, remuneration and disciplinary processes.
Please email a CV and a covering letter stating your experience to:
|By 14th April 2017|
|Further Details||Neal Heard 01274 481590 (daytime)
01274 594923 (evening)